FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Need some help with your trip or a burning question that you need answered pronto? Just click on one of the sections below to find the answer. If you still can’t find an answer to your question, email our Customer Service team at email@example.com.
SPRING BREAK™ Experience FIJI is run by TourismHQ. TourismHQ is a New Zealand registered travel company which founded New Zealand’s first Fiji festival getaway with ‘BlueSky FIJI’ in 2012 and has since expanded into an array on incredible travel escapes each year from festivals to corporate, sports and charity.
All packages include flights, accommodation, transfers, all your meals plus our massive lineup of entertainment, activities and additional unique experiences.
Packages do not include your drinks, travel insurance and activities like jet skiing!
Yes, SPRING BREAK™ Experience FIJI is an 18+ experience from the date of departure. No exceptions.
You can request for name changes up to 6 weeks out. To request a name change, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Strictly no name changes can be made within 30 days of the event.
We provide the ability to change your name, or those travelling with you free of charge up until six weeks out from departure. Past this date, each change will incur a $100pp fee. Strictly no name changes can be made within 30 days of the event.
Accommodation & Flights
The resort will tab a refundable damage/security deposit that is collected at check-in and returned if there is no damage to your room. This is done at the time of check-in with a card or if paying in cash a FJ$500 cash bond.
Once you’ve landed, you will travel from the airport to the port via bus, and then in a 98 ft private catamaran to the island.
Fiji has the same electrical outlets and power supply as in Australia and New Zealand. If you can get it onto the island you can plug it in.
- Beers start from FJD$9.00 (NZD$6.30)
- Spirits start from FJD$12.50 (NZD$8.70)
- Soft drinks start from FJD$7.00 (NZD$4.80)
- Cocktails start from FJD$23.50 (NZD$16.40)
The Resort also offers happy hours at numerous different times throughout the week.
There is wifi in the reception area. Please check with the front desk upon arrival.
Our flights for SPRING BREAK™ Experience FIJI include standard check-in and carry-on luggage. Please refer to Fiji Airways for more information on standard luggage allowances.
Your flight itinerary and tickets will be emailed to your party’s primary contact 2 weeks prior to departure. We do not send physical tickets as such.
We have amazing add ons you can add to your booking to make the most of your SPRING BREAK Experience.
- Cloud 9 – $149pp – Cloud 9 is a two storey floating bar in the middle of the ocean, cost includes return transfers from the Resort and a $100 food and beverage voucher to spend on board
- Sandbank Party – $70pp – Live it up in style and the world’s first entire island beach club! Experience white sand beaches, beachside cabanas, a resort style infinity pool. Price includes transfers and a FJD$50 food and beverage voucher
- Cloud break Surf Trip – $150pp – Cloud Break is a world class left reef pass that is regularly voted one of the 10 Best/Most challenging waves in the world. Price includes transfers to and from the Resort and lunch at Funky Fish
- Sandbank Party – $19pp – White sand, sound system and DJ decks all setup alongside an epic bar. Price includes transfers to and from the Resort
- Instagram Shoot – $140 solo OR $160 couple – get your insta thread looking en pointe this SPRING BREAK Experience with your own private shoot.
- Resort Credit – $250 OR $500 options available – Terrible at saving spending money as the holiday approaches? We’ve got you covered. Preload your resort account so you can make the most of the amazing activities available! Please note: all unused credit is non-refundable.
It is SUPER easy to book.
- Secure your Pricing: You can secure your spot with a $50pp deposit. This locks in the total pricing for your package. Following payment of this deposit, you will receive an email with the option to pay upfront or opt into a weekly or monthly payment plan. You can also book any add ons at this stage.
- Select your Wave: Create your package by selecting your accommodation and the total number of add-on events. You may also select any resort credit you wish to add.
- Finalise your Itinerary: Choose your roommates, confirm your travel dates and let us know of any changes to your itinerary.
- Airport Fees: Nil, we have this all covered in your package cost.
- Additional Taxes: Nil, we have this all covered in your package cost.
- Name change fees: Free of Charge until six weeks out from departure, following these changes will incur a $100pp fee.
- Card Fees: 2.8% is added on all credit and debit card transactions
- Payment Plan Fee: A 9% admin fee is added for those opting to pay their balance on a monthly basis.
Please email email@example.com and we can advise.
In most cases, yes, you may transfer your reservation to someone else, free of charge, up until six weeks out from the trip. You can do this easily online by signing into your account. After this time the cost will be $100pp per change and all name change requests will need to be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payments & Refunds
Spring Break Fiji has two options of payments available for you
- Pay in full upfront
- Down payment + instalments
All payments for security purposes are transacted by credit or debit card.
To make it easier, we’ve provided a weekly or monthly instalment calculator to work out a breakdown of your package costs.
All transactions on the island will be in Fijian Dollars. While at the resort you can charge your expenses back to your room and pay this amount via card or with Fiji cash.
The instalment dates are set in stone as we have our own internal deadlines and payments to make to our vendors. Once you have started a payment plan you cannot change the dates, but you can pay it off in advance.
In every confirmation email we send for paid instalments, the payment plan installation dates and amounts are listed for you when you log into your account. Please reach out to us PRIOR to the instalment date if you have any payment issues so we may do our best to assist you. If you reach out to us post the payment date, please bear in mind our options may be limited.
If you absolutely can’t make your payment, email us at email@example.com to see other options you may have.
Always contact the issuing bank first. There may be security measures that the bank uses to protect you from fraud. Once you confirm your identity and explain your situation, they should typically allow your next charge.
Failure to make timely payments may result in cancellation of your reservation. We provide a seven-day window of leniency for payments to go through.
In order for us to deliver such great deals, we are unable to reimburse you. Depending on your circumstances your travel insurance may cover you in such an event.
We understand that life can get in the way of your travel plans. While we don’t offer it, we do recommend you investing in a travel insurance policy for our trips just in case something unexpected comes up and you’re unable to join us on your spring break last minute. Alternatively, we can transfer your fully paid trip to someone else (in most cases). Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Planning & Safety
Yes, please also ensure that your passport has at least six months until expiry from the date of your return.
NZ & Australian citizens are automatically issued with tourist visas when you arrive in Fiji.
Most definitely! Travel Insurance can cover a range of unforeseen instances that affect travel, such as medical expenses, trip postponement, trip delay or baggage delay, just to name a few!
Travel documents will be made available two weeks out from departure.
It’s super important to stay connected while travelling outside the country. Please contact your cellphone carrier to check your international coverage prior to your departure.
Losing your passport is never fun but the good news is you should still be able to get on your flight back home. Here’s what you’re going to want to do:
- Contact the NZ Embassy
- Get a police report
- Contact Fiji Airways to ensure you have everything they might want to see
- Arrive EXTRA early (with the police report) at the airport to verify identity
- Make sure to cancel your passport if it has been lost or stolen
You can find out more here.
For general safety purposes, we would recommend you travel in groups when in a foreign location and be aware of your surroundings.
If you are injured in any way, we advise that you contact emergency medical help. Tourism HQ is not liable for any injuries that may occur on your trip. We also cannot provide medical assistance or medical opinions if any injury occurs.
Here’s a list of what we recommend you bring at a minimum besides your jandals and togs:
- Passport/ Visa
- Cash and credit cards
- Travel or health insurance documents
- Copy of your reservation and itinerary
- Screenshot confirmation numbers of flights, hotels
- Emergency contacts and important addresses